DuroBumps are designed to provide smooth, progressive dampening for your truck suspension, greatly reducing hard bottom-outs. Proudly made in the USA, DuroBumps are made with dual durometer (hardness) rubber, eliminating the typical “shell-shock” effect of OEM bump stops and providing much greater control and comfort.
The DuroBumps DBF17T is intended to replace the rear-mounted OEM bump stops on the front passenger and driver sides of the truck. The DBF17T will not limit wheel up-travel. It’s slightly taller than OEM bump stops, allowing it to compress under load to reduce impact just prior to the ultimate stop.
Features and Benefits:
- Improved handling –Dual durometer (hardness) rubber allows DuroBumps to act as secondary coil springs that increase compression loads progressively in a smooth, predictable fashion.
- Mounts in OEM location – Easily bolts into the OEM mounting location with no modifications required, ensuring a secure fit.
- No loss of up-travel – DuroBumps will not reduce suspension/wheel travel.
- Increased suspension life – DuroBumps greatly extend the service life of the other suspension components by reducing bottom-outs. DuroBumps absorb the impact, saving critical suspension components from excessive wear and extending service intervals for shocks, ball joints, and control arm bushings.
- Reduced bump steer – By absorbing the suspension’s up-travel inertia, DuroBumps greatly reduce the energy applied through the tie-rod ends and steering rack. This lessens the shock load and wear and tear on the inner and outer tie-rods, steering rack, and steering-rack bushings.
- Small, compact, application-specific – Designed to fit specific truck models: no “universal-fit” spacers required and no loss of wheel/suspension up-travel.
- Smooth and silent – Unlike Hydro bumps, DuroBumps are whisper-quiet on contact.
- Solid mounting base – A 3/16″ steel base plate provides strong support for DuroBumps and helps ensure solid mounting. The base plate is powder-coated to help prevent corrosion
- Premium bump stops – DuroBumps are proudly made in the USA, using the highest quality raw materials.
- Provided mounting hardware – Every set of DuroBumps comes with JIS 10.9 zinc-coated hex head metric bolts and a single-use thread locker, ensuring a strong, secure fit.